-
July 12th, 2002, 11:49 AM
#21
Inactive Member
i ought not tell you what to do , but keep that camera handy . we all like to see picks of smoke and fire... fire and metal... haaahaaahahhhaah ahhhh !
-
July 16th, 2002, 10:56 PM
#22
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 11psiGSR:
Hmmmm.
That's interesting that you are having good luck with the JRSC @ 15lbs. We experimented with mine running 16-17lbs via stepper pulley and 3.2" blower pulley and ran into tons of driveability issues. The car actually gained power by lowering boost back to 11lbs. And this is with the ENDYN "modifications".
[img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] Hmmm. Maybe THAT is my problem. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am new here, so I might not familar with the Endyn.
I have heard of Endyn supercharge, but I have never seen or heard if it is good or not from anyone who actually have it. 11PSIgsr Can you tell me about about the Endyn supercharge? Thanks
-
July 17th, 2002, 01:11 AM
#23
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CRV-EX-02:
11PSIgsr Can you tell me about about the Endyn supercharge? Thanks</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh lord.....you may jus wanna check out the SEARCH function on this one......he went into detail about it all. Ill put it this way, he save me alot of money, trouble, and time.
-
July 17th, 2002, 06:35 AM
#24
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by acuraboy:
Just wondering, is the m45 blower temp. the same
with the m62 spinning at 6psi?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
According to Eaton; At 6psi, the M45 creates 20F more heat than the M62. That is a loss of 3HP due to a higher density altitude . The blower drag difference on the crank is 12HP compared to 15HP, which equals another 3HP. So the M62 is 6HP or 3% more efficient than the M45 at the same boost levels. Which is not even a tenth of a second in the quarter mile. Not that big of a difference to justify a swap. The biggest limiting factor is blower speed. Eaton tells me you can safely take the little blower to 14,000rpm and briefly to 16,000rpm if allowed to cool between runs. The M45 is at 13,000rpm at the LS engines 6900 redline. Replacing the crank pulley for a CRV puts you close to 14,000rpm (about +1.5psi) and going with Jim's stepper puts you closer to 16,000rpm (about +3.5psi).
I ended up going with a custom crank pulley that turns it at 15,000rpm at 6900 engine rpms (+2.7psi increase). That way I can take my engine to 7500rpm without surpassing the 16,000rpm limit. In town and horsing around I keep it below 6500rpm and save the higher RPMs for when it counts. It gets the manifold very hot. The 2.7psi increase raised the air temp 70F in the manifold. So I lost 10 more HP from heat and 10 more HP from drag from an approx 35HP gained from CFM for a net total 15HP. A 2.7psi gain from a M62 would have suffered the same drag, but only 6hp lost to heat.
This means a 6psi set up gives a 6HP advantage to the M62 while a 9psi set up gives a 12HP advantage to the M62. That's about .15 seconds in the quarter mile.
Hope this answers all of your questions.
-
July 18th, 2002, 07:15 AM
#25
Inactive Member
I tried doing a search on 11psigsr info on Endyn, none showed up.
Its cool, I don't think I will ever mod anything that far anyways.
Thanks for the info though.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks